JVAnimeReviews's avatar

• Joined Oct 16, 2014

Clockwork Planet

Jul 20, 2017

Positive

*Can I even find anything that I liked in this anime? …….. Anchor was quite cute. ……… Moving on.

Negative

*Because my God that was literally the only spark of light that I saw in this thing that calls itself an anime. But CP was bad on so many different levels.

First of all, I know that in fantasy/sci-fi anime you’re basically free to do whatever the hell you want. But the whole concept of CP was so triggering that I couldn’t ignore it. So if I got this right than the actual earth was dying and so this “scientist” by the name of Y build a new world completely out of gears? That, literally, makes no sense at all. Just like how in the final episodes, suddenly gears start appearing out of thin air. Again I know that this is a fantasy/sci-fi anime but this was just so irritating also because we never learn anything about how this world came to be or its creator.

For a video review, check out my Youtube channel. Link on my profile page.

*Which seamlessly brings me to my next point of concern being that CP explained nothing. Not only do we never learn anything about how the gear world came into existence or who Y was but also in terms of the story itself the anime fails at explaining anything. The whole coup with the giant electromagnetic weapon and its leader and every single goddamn thing in this anime just happened. Where did the leader of the coup come from, what’s his backstory, his motive, where did all these flashbacks between him and our MC come from. This anime was just a huge pile of random events thrown together in a story framework that wasn’t even there.

*And last but certainly not least, you had to make the MC a pervert, you just had to. It wasn’t enough that your entire anime fell apart because of the nonexistence of any logic in it, you had to go and use this freaking stereotype which I have seen so many times and honestly I am sick and tired of seeing this kind of dumb, pervert MC’s who actually don’t contribute anything to the story.

Conclusion

So as a conclusion, CP was just bad. I can’t even say that this was a disappointment because I wasn’t expecting anything from it. But still this anime isn’t worth your time, it definitely wasn’t worth mine and I was so happy when it was finally released from its misery. So overall I’m going to rate Clockwork Planet at a miserable 1 stars. This is an anime that belongs in a far corner of the anime universe where nobody can find it because if I look at the ratings that I already gave this year than this is the worst anime that I had seen until now this year.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

Pokeswap Aug 6, 2017

The flashbacks were when MC fell into large room below room where the weapon was (although why it was there is never explained)