InvolvedMaple's avatar

InvolvedMaple

• Joined Dec 30, 2014

Shomin Sample

Dec 20, 2015

Personally I don't really get the hate for this series or why it is ranked so low. Perhaps it has something to do with people judging it by standards it is not trying to reach, and that is just stupid, of course you are going to end up disappointed if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree

Now lets get into the story. This story starts off with our maincharacter being abducted to an all girls school for "ojou-samas". It's a sheltered school, so the girls know very little of the world outside. It was proven that the girls from this school had trouble adapting to a life with normal people, once their stay at the school had come to an end, so the school decided that they need a normal male citizen to attend the school. This way the girls would be better adjusted for when they needed to go out in the world. Enter our main character Kimito. He is the perfect "shomin (commoner) sample". He has average grades, average looks and is just average at everything, but he has one good feature, which is why the school chose him. He is gay, and loves men with big muscles instead of girls. Atleast this is what his friend tell the executives, when they were looking for a commoner.

The fun then comes from him dealing with the girls there, who range from incredible gullible to overly weird. It really was a good show for this season, and one out of the 15 i watched which i thoroughly enjoyed. It was fun and light and a great contrast to some of the more serious and darker shows. It was also quite fun to see him duke it out with these girls.

Animation and sound is nothing out of the ordinary, it's not bad, it's not good, so not much to say there.

When it comes to the characters 2 of the 5 fall a bit flat, and that is our main character and one of the girls. The reason for this is that they are both too much just like cardboard cutouts, with no special trope to them, other than the generic ones. Our main character is however not as bad as the girl, since they actually have not made him AS dense as i had initially feared, at least not when it comes to the girls affection and his own ability to not get flustered and everything *looking angrily at almost all other male protagonist*.

To summarize:

It is a good show, for what it is trying to be. It is lighthearted fun and I swear you will absolutely adore Hakua she is amazing as a character. If you pick this up just know what you are getting into. It is light and fun, I actually laughed in this one, which happens rarely with anime nowadays, but it is not something serious with a big overarching story. It's just shameless fun, and people should review it on these grounds

Anyways I recommend it, if that means anything

You must be logged in to leave comments. or