IAnnMichelle's avatar

IAnnMichelle

• Mississippi
  • Joined Sep 22, 2014

This was quite an interesting movie. In a way, one it's kind. I love the fact that it's based of an actual folklore and famous and old book series  called The Eight Dog Warriors. It doesn't actually start off from where the book starts off but is just a excerpt from it. All the same, the movie itself is very wonderful. It is gritty, and soft at the same time. It has a tragic and harsh sense of reality, yet it still has room for humor, joy, an romance. The scenery and music  is beautiful. The characters are intersting as well.  They are very loveable. The encounters they have with each other and hint of past connections with others is very interesting.  It's ending is finished strong with a beautifully soft flow. It also hint's the possibility of conituation, but can easily just be the end. The only thing I wish they could have done differently is started it from the very start. I wanted to know what happened to some characters previously to get them to the point they started them off with. They could possibly make a movie that preluded this one, along with one that continued. It could have easily have been a good anime as well, but I applaud them for the way they chose to film it all the same. It's a beautiful tale and highly recommend to others to watch or atleast try!

9.6/10 story