Howliing's avatar

• West Bengal, INDIA
  • Joined Aug 24, 2022

A Silent Voice

Feb 28, 2024

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖  >>>  A young woman and a young man both on a journey of self-realization, and the latter half on his way to repentance and redemption.

"A Silent Voice" tells us a story of a young Ishida Shoya who was once a bully to a deaf young girl named Nishimiya Shouko and was doomed to being alone for the rest of his life until one day he decided that his life was more than just that and what he (and Shouko) really needed was to understand each other. The story is vibrant and complex yet sometimes comes as vexing or frustrating, but in that sense it shows you the beauty and the sophistication of a simple story (and how it can be more than just simple).

The sounds and the music were stunning. I felt moved after that last part of the movie. I had trouble holding back my tears, and part of that was because of the music.

The characters may come eccentric and weak, but it's a drama. What can I say? The characters were actually portrayed in a sensible and tangible manner and that makes them feel unique and alive - like real people.

Overall I think it’s a really beautiful movie. Not only in visuals, but also in how it tells a story with a beautiful realization. It grabs your attention by the premise, sufficiently paces the story well, and brings an impressive conclusion. It’s something that does leave quite the emotional impact while justifying the circumstances that lead up to it. If you think its main focus is about victimization of disabled people, glorification of mental health, or a one huge 'Be nice to everyone' moral story, try to reconsider your thoughts. "A Silent Voice" is more than that. It’s a conscious take on what it means to forgive others and one’s self. With that, I consider it as one of the most moving stories I’ve ever experienced and it’s something that I’ll recommend to everyone with no hesitation.

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 animation
9.5/10 sound
9.5/10 characters

You must be logged in to leave comments. or