HoneyHam's avatar

• Joined Oct 4, 2014
  • 26

Fire Force 2nd Season

Dec 20, 2020

No spoilers- Fire force season two was just as visually stunning, impactful, and creative as the first. David Productions did an amazing job creating and maintaining the anime's unique style, and further built upon its elements in this season. However this season fell flat for arguably its plot alone. The plot of the first season was defined and solved (for the most part) by the end of the season. The flow was smooth, the suspense built up over the entirety of the anime, giving the final fight the importance and gravity it needed. Yet for this season, the plot was extremely segmented, with the ending establishing the presumed plot for the next season, yet leaving their own unresolved. Each arc was far too short, and the rate at which they changed did not allow for any real connections to be made with the characters. Additionally, I felt like each arc was only shallowly connected to the overall plot, almost rendering each seemingly insignificant their the close.

In addition, I was not impressed with the way they portrayed and treated Tamaki. I wish she had it better than being the sexual comedic relief. Her treatment this season is best depicted with the following. At the close of a very intense battle scene, Tamaki was left barely clothed and a sexual joke made about her, COMPLETELY destroying all the emotions built up with the fight. The fight was really intense, but treating her like that made it all for nothing. I really want better for her, and I hope they continue to develop her as an active member of Company 8 in the season(s) to come.

Overall this season was a fun watch, and I can't wait to see what the next installment will bring!

You must be logged in to leave comments. or