HelloImaJuiceBox's avatar

• Joined Nov 13, 2019
  • 25

Power Stone

Feb 16, 2023

It's not the worst I've ever seen, but it leaves so much to be desired and it doesn't capture the chaotic craziness of the original game at all. As a fan of the original games, I questioned why not even other fans of the game talked about this anime, and the reason is because it's so "Okay" that it's forgettable.

Everything about it is so mid, which is sad because I feel there was so much more potential. The characters from the game are there, the colorful art direction is there, the simple but charming story is there, ect. It didn't need to be anything amazing; it just needed to be light hearted and fun with over the top action. Instead we get mostly stiff and bland animation that doesn't get much better during the fight scenes with so-so music and voice acting.

Maybe this would have been much better if it had a higher budget and/or a different staff behind it (and the fact that it's a tv anime is no excuse since there are plenty of tv anime that look and sound fantastic). The dub is also not great either, even if one can argue that it's humorously corny.

The only good thing I can say about this anime is that it fleshes out the characters more than the games ever did. I guess if you're a fan of the original power stone games, it's worth checking out for curiousities sake since it does feature cast of the first game. But I can't see many people getting much enjoyment out of this one or wanting to watch it until the end.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or