Helbaworshipper's avatar

• Joined Feb 16, 2013
  • ? / F

Tadaima, Okaeri

Dec 6, 2018

Welcome to the omegaverse.  If you need a reminder of what this story is, just read the synop.  That's what I needed to read as well, and I finished reading the manga for this.  The general story is of a couple that is implied to have had hardships.  There are various arcs, such as the omega worrying about protecting a second child and even the approval of a influential family.

The problem?  This is an aftermath.  Like how i feel about Cowboy Bebop, aftermath stuff is not always a good idea.  And in this case it shows how having the drama simply mentioned a backstory...  does not make it very... accessible.

There are cute aspects but many of the plot points don't feel like you can connect to them.  For example, the plot regarding the omega worrying about the "protection" of a possible omega child gets solved rather quickly.  And even when it's brought back with a different omega later, it gets solved equally quickly.

There a cute things, but the story feels...  Like it was missing a chance to connect.

Art:

Not particularly sketchy and it's decent.  Didn't turn me off the story.

This is where aftermath manga has the most problem.  The main couple has pretty much developed.  Even with implied problems, there's little drama to it.  Even with a cute child, you can't get away with the rather fast solutions.  I like the main couple enough and the kids are cute...

But a lot of the side characters are kind of just there.  They sort of say they were in this drama and that's it.  Some are there more than others... and some other potential couples exist.  That's it.

You can do a lot worse than this omegaverse.  But you can also do a lot better.