Hana815's avatar

Hana815

• Joined Jul 6, 2020
  • ?

I was very excited about this. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations.
The animation itself was good. The opening and the ending song are definitely on the list of my favorite.
It was the story part of the anime that I didn't like. In the beginning, we were introduced to this great young setter who isn't much of a team player. And because of his introverted nature and miscommunications, things happen. He moves to a new school and joins a new team.
It set up to be a story about him believing more in his team and being a team player. But the anime gave us nothing that would show how they became a team. We got a few practice sessions and an official match and bam they are all in sync.

The story doesn't focus on volleyball or the team or the individual characters. It goes all over the place.
We are supposed to root for those characters but we are provided with nothing that would make us root for them. Most of the people in the comment didn't even know who was who at the end of the season.

The sound effects were kinda bad too. Most of the sound of hitting the ball sound like a hammer hitting on the wood.
The only thing that I enjoyed was the opening and the ending songs.

4.5/10 overall