Halex's avatar

• Joined Aug 18, 2013
  • ? / M

Wo Shi Jiang Xiaobai

Jun 30, 2020

This is a romance story a little bit different from the norm. The author tried to create a very intelligent plotline based on coincidences, but not everything works perfectly, some events feel really contrived. They just added too many far fetch coincidences toward the end to make it believable, but I think the innovation of the story and the execution is really well done to make it worth your time besides the imperfections.

I was very surprised by the excellent quality of the music. Honestly, the songs are a big part of what kept me watching, as the lyrics are made for the story and even tell part of it instead of a narrator. The songs are soft indie rock, if you don't like them, then might as well drop the anime, because they are an intrinsical part of the story.

For not being a musical anime they seemed to have used all their budget towards the music instead of the visuals. The animation is bad for the characters using some kind of CGI that seems a little outdated for this year. The backgrounds are ok and they are especially good when it comes to the city landscape.

Although the pacing is slow, it never feels boring, in part thanks to the music. There is not much character development until the end and it only applies to the protagonists, which are the focus of the story. All characters are very likable, event with their personal imperfections, and seem realistic.

Overall, it's not a perfect show, but despite its imperfections, I will still consider it better than average, especially if you like the music as I did.

7.5/10 story