Hachikira's avatar

Hachikira

• Joined Aug 10, 2015

Power Stone

Nov 23, 2015

Based off the excellent Dreamcast game and Produced by Studio pierrot whose works include yu yu hakashu and Bleach .   This anime is Enjoyable for anyone whose played the game.   To be honest when I heard about it I was hyped but the fighting wasn't as exciting as I was hoping for .  I'll give it credit for decent characterization part of the fun is just seeing these characters come to live more so than in the game .   It has that old 90s animation charm and style really captures it .  The series is just interesting enough to not be boring and to provide sufficient motivation to keep watching but I wouldn't put it on a list of must see favorite anime .    The music is nothing bad but nothing amazing either honestly its at its peak with the techno rifts during narration .    Add in Sailor Moon levels of recycled animation and pretty good voice acting albeit judged by my far from high standards.    I think just about anyone could possibly get at least mild enjoyment out of watching it but I only highly recommend it to people that have played the game or for a parent looking for good anime for there children around the ages of 10 to 14 I say this because its anime with fighting and action that they could get a kick out of but clean enough to wear they can handle it .   I'm really happy the game was adapted into a series even if it isn't close to as entertaining as that source material .

You must be logged in to leave comments. or