Grusomhed's avatar

Grusomhed

• Moscow, Russia
  • Joined Mar 28, 2015

Listen, I understand that we live in very difficult times. Coronavirus has had a huge impact on many spheres of our daily lives and it is not going to disappear any time soon. On top of that, I am not trying to impose my opinion on you, so that you will not watch this anime. Understanding this, let us move on.

Thinking about Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood, the first thing that comes to my mind is some action Hollywood movie. You know, these movies that have great actors, amazing budget, but a hilariously bad story. This what Jouran is. The main point of the story is that the main heroine loses everything and wants to seek revenge. Of course, she has a super power for her to kill the bastard responsible for the death of her clan. While this does not sound that bad and obviously you can make a candy of any cliché story, Jouran just fails absolutely everywhere.

To be absolutely honest with you, I do not even remember what I watched. The story just suffers on so many levels possible. Sometimes it is just so hilariously bad that you cannot just help laughing. And this is where another problem of this anime arises: characters. Characters can make even a bad story good. But here they are just… they do not make any sense. I feel like even an 8 y.o. would write better dialogues; some of them were just so bad that it hurt my stomach to laugh so hard.

I do not know about you, but I had a feeling that this anime wanted to somehow resemble Demon Slayer. I mean, there is a number of similarities and that Jouran’s art style just screams Demon Slayer.

That said, I am not trying to imply that you should not watch this anime with this review. What I am trying to say is that you should lower your expectations to 0. That way, you might be not as disappointed as I am. But for those who value their free time, I am not afraid to say that, Jouran is not worth even a second of your free time.

I am sorry, princess, but you should have tried more than that; 4/10.