GrondXIII's avatar

GrondXIII

• Long Island
  • Joined Sep 13, 2014
  • ? / M

I didn't have high expectations, I just wanted to watch something that may be funny with possibly a little action. What I got was dumped into the middle of the story, somewhere after all the major character development should have taken place, and then dumped at the end with no real conclusion to anything. Just like a trailer. Except it was 12 episodes long. I still feel like the show might be entertaining. If they'd only let us see the actual story with a proper beginning and ending. What plot there was, was easily predicted by reading the description.
My recommendation is to read the description, watch the trailer, and peruse the character list. After that, you will gotten as much out this anime as everyone else who watched it for 6 hours.

camocanine Apr 13, 2019

I'm glad some one bothered to mention the whole "dumped into the middle of the story with no character backstory, scenario, or character development" issue.  I actually thought that I had stumbled into a sequal series by accident, but no.  And to top it all off, they ended the anime with the same ambiguity.  This had potential, but between the jarring lack of story/character introductions and development and the very weak writing, it really feels like the producers of the Master of Ragnarok anime took what may have been a decent manga of many volumes and decided they could abridge those years of stories into a handful of highlights that would fit into a 12 episode run.