Gozza's avatar

Gozza

• Auckland, New Zealand
  • Joined Mar 14, 2018

The show did some great things in the city building department and we got introduced to some cool characters that do stand out but we never really dove into any of these characters so it really felt like a wasted opportunity.

The show started to feel repetitive in the way it deals with problems and that was mainly because it didn't want to deal with controversy or add proper consequences. So we were left with a feel good show that didn't have any real stingers.

The show tries to paint us a picture of how massive everything is in this world but it won't let us enjoy these environments, instead we spend most of our time in little rooms and courtyards.

We're also introduced to a maze in the show which could have been a great experience but it'd be unfair to call this a maze since all they really did was walk in a straight line to reach their destination. It's these moments that make me feel that we're watching a watered down version of the manga and there are excellent opportunities to put these environments to good use but the show refuses to do so.

For all the cool characters that we got, the show also gave us some of the worst ones I've seen in a long time. Also the 'power levels' are through the roof which also didn't do the show any favors.

The setups are there for the coming season to address my concerns for the future... Fingers crossed but I don't really have the highest hopes.