FullmetalDragon's avatar

• England
  • Joined Dec 21, 2015

Sushi Police

Mar 5, 2017

This was... weirdly ok. Not great, but given it's called Sushi Police I was expecting a lot worse.

So the story, as you would expect, is absolutely ridiculous. The Sushi Police literally go around stopping people from making weird sushi. Only people actually start to object! And then it starts developing into a fairly deep story! It's weird... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they went that way, but it was still very weird. Not at all what I was expecting.

And the characters as well - they get development! They're still pretty bland characters, and honestly I don't really remember anything about them, but just for the character development they get a pretty good rating in my books.

The CG animation was surprisingly good as well. I'm not sure I could have dealt with it for much longer than the episodes are, but given they're only 3 minutes and the CG is actually pretty good, even if you completely object to CG animation, I think you'll find this ok.

This was unexpected in many ways. It really did not go the way normal episodic series with stupid concepts go, the CG was decent, and I actually enjoyed something called Sushi Police.

If you're after something a bit different, like stupid anime concepts, want to learn a bit more about sushi (they have facts at the end of each episode, it's pretty cute) or just want to try some well done CG anime, then this is a good series for you.

Review for February 2017 DAMC