FreddyCrab's avatar

FreddyCrab

• UK
  • Joined Oct 20, 2011

Story: In this particular story of Digimon, Diaboromon (from the second film) has returned and now it is up to both all the Digidestined from series one and series two, as well as other Digidestined spread all across the world, to take him down. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, but was a little dissappointed with how spread out it was.

All the characters split up into groups of twos or threes to travel to various destinations across the world and find other foreign Digidestined to team up against Diaboromon. Although I enjoyed seeing such a diverse amount of characters present, the fact that there were about 8 groups of characters, each with indivdual stories playing out, meant the film was a slight bit of a muddle. For a few minutes it would go on about Sora and Yolei in the Arctic, then it would move to Mimi and T.K. in New York, then quickly change to Ken and Matt in some weird cave of somesort in a rainforest somewhere. Add this to about 5 other groups going to places such as France and Britain and wherever else, I'm sure you can gather how confusing this film could get at times. So many characters also meant limited screen time for all of them all, so whenever your favourite character would come up on screen they would only be on for a few minutes then dissappear for quite some time T_T

Animation: For the early 2000s, animation in Digimon is great ^^ It could go a little sloppy like all the other films, but only for a little bit. In all the important parts of the film it was amazing.

Sound: Same as every other film. The same themes were used as well as different fitting music.

Characters: I love them all <3 But like aforementioned, there were so many so spread out it was hard to get a good idea about them all. Seeing both season one characters and season two characters collaborate was very interesting though. Plus, I think this was the first time in a film where ALL the characters were there, even Ken whos known to hardly be present at all for, well, anything.

Overall: Although a great film, I think this one is more for the Digimon otaku's who want to see what a collaboration of seasons 1 and 2 of Digimon would be like. People who aren't that bothered about Digimon would find this one pretty dull.

9.5/10 characters