Everdemon's avatar

• USA
  • Joined Oct 10, 2010

Dragon Ball Super

Jul 18, 2016

Updated- This review is based on all 131 episodes.

Let's take a shot at a more fair, objective review since the ones posted seem biased. I'll be brave and just say it: Dragon Ball Super is not bad!

For the avid anime fan or someone growing up in the late 90s there was nothing like Dragon Ball Z. The hype was incomparable, and the beloved series had no equal for many. That is, until the Buu Saga, which was when, for many, the franchise began to crash and the writers had stopped even trying.

While many fans would like to omit much of the later end of the Buu Saga, we can't pretend it didn't happen, it did, we just have to move on.

If you're like me, you've already watched Dragon Ball Kai a few times and you secretly wished that Goku and friends' adventures had not ended (even if Majin Buu's role could not have ended quickly enough).

Dragon Ball Super continues the series spectacularly. The action, the humor, the essense of Dragon Ball is all here. Based on episodes so far, I have enjoyed myself far more than I believed I would when I started the series. Skepticism is a given when approaching the sacred franchise that many hold dear to their hearts, but that nostalgia has blinded other reviewers and prevented them from holding a more objective opinion on the continuation. I invite you to join me in watching Dragon Ball Super, which was a great experience and left me wanting more.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

LukasMeri Oct 30, 2018

You smoking something? How can you start with "DBS is not bad" and still give it 9/10. I was really excited to see the tournament arc where they could cooperate, but it was almost always classic 1 on 1 battle. They could have had so much fun with this concept, instead they butchered it. Very poorly written with many frustrating and illogical character decisions.

cblake Jun 7, 2017

You can tell a lot of the reviews didn't wait for the animation to pick up, or don't truly understand Toriyama's style.