Epimondas's avatar

Epimondas

• Joined Mar 23, 2015
  • ?

I discovered the trailer for the anime coming this October 2019 and tried reading.  It looked surprisingly good from the trailer and the manga didn’t let me down.  In fact, this is without doubt one f the best manga I’ve ever read so far as up to the mos recently translated chapter 48.  The drama, action, hidden powers, and most surprising the high level comedy make for one of the most complete overall blended master works ever produced anime, video games, light novels, or any other media concerning anime style entertainment.  It is literally one of the best and most comprehensive mix of what’s not only the best anime has to offer but the best mixture of their various genres and themes.  It doesn’t cross everything, at least not yet, but does hit upon several fields and does excellent justice to each.

Rarely have I found such an excellent treasure in the anime world.  The only drawbacks are: the gooey way which it appears most things end so unrealistically amicably; while it looks like things are too convenient, it isn’t played that way (but overly convenient might be an issue for some, so I note it here); it has at least one overly annoying character but within context of the story it’s made to work (but not everyone likes over the top annoying characters); and a somewhat weak overall arc/plot but that may just not be clear yet.  Actually, it’s pretty hard to think of many negative criticisms for this manga.  It’s just too good.  Though some characters might look a bit stereotypical, none of the, fit it perfectly because they either look too unique from most stories or their personalities are mixed/blended in a way that doesn’t exactly fit easy to spot copies.

Overall, it’s: lack of flaws; solid storytelling;descriptively diverse characters; attention to grammar ; and use of story structure rarely seen just make this an overall sound choice in this form of media.