Ebonyslayer's avatar

• Joined Feb 13, 2016
  • 27

ERASED

May 14, 2019

Its been on my backburner for a while now but I finally got to watching Erased. And now there's the question of what I thought about it.

Story- In a nutshell, Erased is about a man named Satoru who lives a normal life and uses his time ability to help people in small ways, until tragedy strikes, and his time travel ability takes him all the way to his childhood. And for the remainder of the series he is focused on finding the child serial killer in his town. I do think the studio for the most part took short cuts with the manga adaption and its probably the reason why Satoru's powers may not get completely explained. Just the fact of not getting a whole story is why I'm not giving a high score to the adaption, and yet I think they try to end it on a decent note.

Animation- For the most part they kept the animation pretty simple, nothing too complex, but its A-1. They for the most part try to do a decent job.

Sound- The soundtracks for the show were pretty awesome, coming in for the most part when it came to the emotional feels, one in particular with Kayo when she's with Satoru and his mom.

Characters- There were some cool things about the characters, but I also believe that there were dumb things as well. I think they made who the killer was a bit too obvious to figure out, partly because of design and also because they kept focusing on one character, not multiple. There's also the fact that Satoru made stupid mistakes in the story. In the anime at the very least, they don't show him as a character who has learned how to use good critical thinking during his investigating. Compared to the children characters in The Promised Neverland, they were raised to be critical thinkers. That's why if you're going to show how a character plans and thinks, there has to be a growth process with Satoru. And then there's the relationship between Satoru and Kayo. He does seem to be a lot mentally mature considering he's a 27 year old in a ten year old body whose fallen in love with a ten year old girl. But I think in the end it all comes down to execution.

Overall- From what I can tell, it seems the anime only succeeds in making me want to read the manga. I think the anime ended on a decent note, but I have this desire to see all of the story. Its not a bad anime adaption, but I think it does make you want more in the end.

6.5/10 characters