Domyoji's avatar

Domyoji

• Joined Apr 25, 2017

Only Serious About You

Jun 14, 2017

This isn't the first time that I was reading a manga where a gay couple takes care of a child together, still it was a nice story. This is a story about Oosawa Naoki, one really hard working man who, while trying to make money for his family, kinda "forgot" that he should spend some time with them too. As a result, his wife left him and their daughter, after saying that she is tired of being at home alone and taking care of their daughter Chizu. Now Naoki is trying to mingle between taking care of Chizu and working all day long as a chef in one restaurant.

From the restaurant, he got to know a pretty handsome man called Yoshioka Seiichi. Yoshioka is a person who changes his partners often, falls in and out of love and is open about the fact that he is gay. He constantly makes advances on Oosawa, even though he knows Naoki is straight. But it's almost like some type of "ritual" Yoshioka does.

Their relationship will slowly start to change, after the time when Oosawa will really be in need because of Chizu and when Yoshioka will help him out, even though Naoki never expected something like that from him.

Now, there are a lot of events that are nothing new you didn't read before in one yaoi manga, but what I liked about this particular one is mentioning some things from real life. What I mean is, how you can have prejudice about someone, just because the way they act, but they can surprise you in a positive way and change your way of seeing them. How, even when you are a grown up and you think you know yourself well, you learn new things and you try to change, although it isn't easy. How you learn that being someone's partner is way more than just being married to them. Also, families can be "unusual" but they can be nice and warming and contained of happy people.

I am sure you will enjoy this manga.

P.s. After reading this manga, I was excited to read also Yachin Hanbun no Ibasho desu. (A Place for Half a Rent), which is a parent story. But, it wasn't as enjoyable as the first one.