Dionkeykong's avatar

• Greece
  • Joined Jan 6, 2016

Gintama: Porori-hen

Oct 20, 2017

I've said it time and again that Gintama is THE best the world of anime has to offer.I dare you to name one anime,just one,that had such a big impact,or even one anime that is so loved by everyone,or even one anime that is so diverse and everchanging?Not a damn single anime has done that.

But Gintama has managed to do everything,it offers anything that anyone could want from an anime.Want comedy?That's there allright,want breath taking action scenes?Got some for ya good fellas.Want the dark,twisty turns and what have you?Got your six there mate.And you know the funny thing?Unlike so many other animes that try to be many things at once and fail miserably,this doesn't.This anime can be best described as a raging drunken bull that smashes his way through a city.It just barges in,kills everyone and heads to the next town to wreak havoc.

And honestly after so many years i didn't expect Gintama to reinvent the wheel or something.But then Porori-hen comes and proves me wrong.And as the series goes on i'll update my review accordingly but i don't think Gintama can do wrong.As it now stands 3 eps in,this anime still puts its' hands down my trousers and has a little rampage.Everything and i do mean every single thing about it is abso-fuckin-lutely amasing.And i can't for the life of me understand how they do that?Year after year after year.And it's not like Gintama has to prove itself.But it's still going strong and frankly i couldn't ask for more than that.

Haven't watched it yet?Well what are you waiting for then?

Review was made possible with this Harakiri For The Sky - Funeral Dreams

Dionkeykong Oct 23, 2017

Know what mate?You're mostly right..Although in my mind all those series you mentioned are great in their own right and i do mean great,i still don't think they're on the same level as Gintama.Maybe i'm wrong or i'm so in love with this series that i cannot see past it or maybe it has something to do with the fact that i do tend to have some weird tastes and this excites me in a primeval way.

For me Gintama is all things to all men,it has something in there for everyone and it never settles and evolves.Maybe in 3 years time i'll change my mind but for now i stand by my words.Again i might be wrong,i mean it's a matter of personal taste.There are people out there who like Miley Cyrus..Me?More of an Iron Maiden man.Anyway hope my messy train of thought here delivered the message.

Sarcataclysmal Oct 23, 2017

"I dare you to name one anime,just one,that had such a big impact,or even one anime that is so loved by everyone,or even one anime that is so diverse and everchanging?Not a damn single anime has done that." This is false. I can name several that have done just that: Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the Fate series, the Bakemonogatari series, Death Note, Kekkai Sensen, Code Geass- yeah so that's a thing. Sarcasm or not, here's a comment.