Desarray's avatar

Desarray

• Mordor
  • Joined Nov 25, 2012

I couldn't recommend this enough.

I usually don't like when people redo an anime, but as soon as this remake was announced I was SO excited for it.

Another chance to see Tohru, Kyo and Yuki? With revamped animation? In a show that actually follows the manga? I was here for it. I'm still here for it.

There isn't much I can say regarding the story in this review that I didn't already cover in the manga review; however,  the pacing, emotions, and character development were all so incredibly well balanced and well done in this anime compared to the 2001 version, that it honestly feels like an entirely different show. The characters were treated with so much more justice ((No changing of silly things like Tohru's eye color, or Kyo's bracelet color and story origins).And the secondary characters like Kaguya had much more life put into them as something other than just a gag type character.

The soundtrack was wonderful, bittersweet and moving, and the voice acting was perfect. I especially loved the Japanese voice actors take on Kyo.

While the opening song was no longer the iconic one from the earlier version, the new one was still a beautiful sequence and a wonderful start-up to the over all feel of the show. I'm definitely looking forwards to Season 2, and hoping for many more seasons to follow!

tldr: Honestly not much more I could say that I haven't said already (In manga review) other than: Watch it, watch it, watch it!