Deago's avatar

Deago

• Joined Jan 16, 2021
  • ?

.hack//Legend of the Twilight leaves us stranded in a bewildering gap between it and '.hack/Sign', where characters like Kite, BlackRose, Orca, and Balmung make fleeting appearances in the form of a side story that never received its own anime adaptation. Truly, a missed opportunity of epic proportions.

Now, let us turn our attention to the protagonist, who bears a striking resemblance to Kite but is nothing more than a chibi version of his avatar, complete with a borrowed bracelet. Oh, the audacity! Such lazy storytelling only serves to amplify the disgrace that permeates this anime. Brace yourself for a barrage of meaningless events and unfunny loli incest/fanservice comedy. Yes, you read that correctly—this abomination stoops to such deplorable depths. Do not waste a single precious moment of your time on this atrocity, for it offers no semblance of progression and can easily be skipped without any repercussions.

The characters In .hack/Sign were mature, nuanced, and dynamic, capturing our hearts with their depth and complexity. But in this travesty of a sequel, characters are childish and downright annoying beings. To make matters worse, old characters like Balmung and Silver Knight are shamefully left undeveloped, casting a shadow of disappointment upon the entire series. There is no progression, no growth—only stagnation and regression.

In summary, .hack//Legend of the Twilight stands as the polar opposite of its predecessor. Gone are the intricate mysteries and thought-provoking storytelling, replaced instead with a run-of-the-mill RPG anime that fails to offer any solution to the enigma of the 'World'. Spare yourself the agony and disappointment; steer clear of this abomination and seek solace elsewhere in the vast realm of anime. If you have any sense at all, I implore you to steer clear of this steaming pile of garbage. If you're seeking a respectable sequel to the innovative '.hack/Sign', I urge you to turn your attention to '.hack/Roots' instead.

</div>

0.1/10 story
4.4/10 animation
7.8/10 sound
0.1/10 characters
0.6/10 overall

You must be logged in to leave comments. or