Darklegba's avatar

• ?

Nabari no Ou

Dec 25, 2013

Grows on You

While it;s admittedly much more kiddish and light-hearted than I care for my enime to be, after about three episodes, I accepted the fact that I was a fan. This may sound weird, but it's almost as if you can feel the friendship bond shared between the characters, and as a result, begin to relate to them more and more.

At first glance, the story seemed like some garbled ninja-fantasy misadventure that I'd usually shun away in a heartbeat. The whole "hidden chosen one" scenario is a tired plot device that I could do without. However, the juxtaposition of the jitsu world and the world of common civilians was both intriguing and hilarous. Although at times it did feel a bit like waiting for Velma to pin the culprit on an episode of Scooby Doo.

The humorously-developed characters really save the show. There's not one character in this show that I couldn't form an opinion of...that says plenty.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

Elven Dec 25, 2013

I also enjoyed it a lot, back when I watched it. Not only the connection between characters was nice, the anime never stopped being interesting.