Crua9's avatar

• USA NC
  • Joined Mar 2, 2019

GATE

Mar 14, 2019

This is actually one of the best shows I've came across  My biggest mistake is not watching it sooner

An interesting thing is, this is another story of someone going to a mysterious world and fighting for what is right. Like many before and after, the main group is way OP. However, this takes care of the problem in a very unique and awesome way. The Japanese military is the one fighting the battles against a fantasy middle evil magical enemy. They use modern fighting equipment, real military tactics, and they more than less follow by the rules like the real military.

Interestingly, they even have to answer to political figures and media that wants the military to look incompetent for money/power. For example, when a political figure was going after them. They were pointing out the 150 people that died and hiding they saved 450 people. The reporters admit it isn't about the truth, but what makes money.

I mean there is a handful of things that would be different. I notice they didn't use drones at all (maybe that's more of a USA thing). And while in Japan I think it would be massively different. But other than those small things. This is highly believable.

I think the biggest thing I didn't like is it wasn't the USA military fighting in the battles 😋. But they use more than less the same tactics as we do.

I really hope they keep making this series

9.8/10 characters