CapitaineOtaku's avatar

• France
  • Joined May 6, 2020

The Abandoned Empress

May 21, 2020

What a disappointed story this turned out to be. At this point I shouldn't expect any kind of good storytelling coming from these shoujo manwha/manga. I feel like they are aimed at 13 yo girls who still dream of charming princes. Some of them are good and creative but many follow this simple route of just falling in love for the sake of it.

This particular manwha started pretty good, you have the female mc who got raped, beaten, lost her baby, humiliated and killed then got reincarnated. She even stated that she will take her own fate into her hand and go against god. That was amazing because it was the first time that I've seen such strong words coming from a shoujo protag mouth. From this point you expect her to become strong, form alliances and avoid her terrible fate right ?

Well nope, just a chapter after comes the first beautiful guy to save the damsel in distress. They will start a very cringe firend-relationship that will last for quite some time. I don't even focus on him because I hated his character as soons as he was introduced.

Getting back to the story, this stupid girl will fall in ove again with the prince. Authors love to redeem their bastard characters by creating some type of sad backstory for them. Stuff like they were hurt or bullied so that somehow justify their behavior. He abused her, she swore to never repeat it and what does she do? She does the sale effing thing.

Is that what you wanna read? A story of someone getting killed, reincarnated and then acting like a puppy so her killer fall in love with her? Unless you have the braincell of a 9 year old I don't see how you can enjoy this type of story. Go read it if you want to lose some neurons.