CalChan's avatar

CalChan

• Joined Nov 20, 2017

After watching Netflix's Devilman Crybaby 2018, my personal opinions on vintage anime has changed for the better. CB Chara Go Nagai World's 1980's art style reminded me of beloved shows like pokemon and dragon ball z when they just first made their appearance. The quality is a little grainy and the voice acting might be more overly exagerated, but if you give it a chance you'll come to love its charm and comedic relief. The characters are turned into chibis! Who wouldn't want to see those cuties in action? The plot is a little confusing because this is a spin-off that has good pacing. There's a little too much pausing inbetween the comedic relief if you ask me, but that's to be expected from this old gem. The characters occasionally break the 4th wall barrier which is amusing to see. Slight nudity but that should have been expected after watching netflix's adaption first.

funny

If you loved Netflix's Devilman Crybaby or just curious about all the attention it's getting recently then this is a good start to delve deeper into the world of Devilman.

5.6/10 story

You must be logged in to leave comments. or