Bonvantius's avatar

• Joined Jul 8, 2015
  • ? / M

Armed Girl’s Machiavellism

Apr 10, 2017

So based on first Impressions I have to say this is fairly mediocre, I never expected much from a battle highschool anime to begin with, but the synopsis seemed like it would be above average. If you like character driven shows I wouldn't recommend this. All of the female cast are just mirrored personalities you've probably seen 100 times before in any other anime. So with that I was betting the fighting to be it's strong point, but the animation gives it a bit of a handicap unfortunately. I say this with cautious skeptisism knowing it's only the first episode, but generally the first episode of any... See full review

Sound of the Sky

Mar 23, 2017

I don't think I've ever gotten hooked on a show so fast in my life,  I find it quite unbelievable an anime of this caliber has gone so widely unoticed, I might be wrong but I don't see many people talking about it in the community. Nevertheless I'm glad I stumbled upon it.
I was instantly sold on the concept while watching the first episode. The world they have created is completely unique and you would be hard pressed to find something similar.
Everything for the setting to the lore of the land is very intriguing, at first you thing it's about soliders, but then they add this very cool fanatsy... See full review

Scum's Wish

Jan 15, 2017

This anime is a spectacle of art, both in visuals and symbolism. The way the characters are drawn with delicate lines almost resembles how fragile and vunerable they are.
It's a very eerie beauty that is conveyed.
The voice acting and particualrly the narration are exemplary in both lighter and darker tones of the show.
It's also worth mentioning the main theme that is one of the most touching tracks I have heard in a while. Truly mesmerising. The piano keys mix a sombre dip with a hopeful rise.
The characters are very fleshed out through simple yet informative backstory.
Overall it is a very... See full review

Seiren

Jan 15, 2017

This has to be the most dull first episode of anime I have ever seen. By the end it had left me with nothing to invest in. The story is painfully ordinary and bland. The main character is pretty pathetic in his leering pursuit of the girls in his classroom. The rest of the cast  I can't even tell  apart. They all have the same hair colour and faces, especially the girls. A poor example of character design. I'd only recommend this if you're the kind of person that enjoys anime with a low-energy, disinterested main character that has no enthusiasm or charisma and yet still manages to get a harem... See full review

Izetta: The Last Witch

Jan 4, 2017

This was an entertaining show, fun might be a stretch though.  Studio Ajia-Do has crafted a wonderful concept and made a fairly average job of it.
Firstly all the characters dialogue tends to consist of choppy canned lines that seem to be only there to explain to the viewer what is happening. It isn't convincining in the sense that these would be conversations that real humans would have.
I refer back to the last episode where Fine' meticulously explains how she plans for Izetta to deafeat Sofie in a very dry manner in front of the allied forces  AND the Germainians. Talk about revealing... See full review

Magical Girl Raising Project

Jan 4, 2017

This was a solid show, a bit over-dramatic perhaps, on point animation and a story that is not as predictable as I had first thought.
This show is motivated just like it's characters, everyone has a goal based off short yet shocking backstories and gives no clue as to who will make it out alive.
Magi-Proj doesn't give us a major plot twists, but instead dishes out quick, emotionally charged moments consecutively. It racks up the body count fast, but still manages to make us care to a certain degree when these brutal killings happen.
The one thing I have top say is that Snow White is sadly... See full review

Girls und Panzer

Jan 4, 2017

Making it's way to the legion of solidly crafted anime, namely the Toradora's and Kobato's. Girls und Panzer fits comfortably in to this category of well aniamted, character driven, grounded stories that find themselves having little to no flaws at all.
The first thing I noticed was that the characters had such strong identities that it was impossible to forget who they were. There the one that's doing it to be popular, the sleepy one that's doing it for credit, the one that's a tank nut and the one that's doing it for the thrills. This kind of character design paves the way to being likeable... See full review