Bkeiper83's avatar

• Kyoto, Japan
  • Joined Jan 27, 2016

Sweetness & Lightning

Aug 30, 2016

Watching this from a fathers perspective really makes me connect to this anime, While its 9 episodes in I can see this review being edited and the score raised.

Story: 8/10 While it seems in the beginning that its the standard widowed father template, this show really expands on it, and it breaks free from the stereotypical path. Not only does the father grow in terms of being a father, the daughter seems to raise the bar daily. The fathers unlikely allies in his endevors really add the right amount of flavor to the story.

Animation: 6/10 It just above average going with todays standards, however it does not detract from the story nor does it become a hinderence to the story.

Sound: 8/10 The OP really makes me tap my feet. That is saying a lot based on I am not a music person. The ED really fits well.

Charaters: 8/10 The best way to describe them is varied. They blend well, there is no over doing it with any of them.

This is a real feels show, There are high points, and low points. But overall definitly worth every minute watching it.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or