BigBrof's avatar

• Joined May 22, 2022
  • 21

Cheating Men Must Die

May 23, 2022

Let me just start by saying, I used to love this. I used to love Su Luxia and her sassy little system! I used to feel refreshed as she would take down evil mistresses and bring hell to the evil men of these worlds! Though as I reread and actually take the time to look at what's going on, I can't say I like what I see. For a story about taking down evil men, I think it's fair to say women were slandered and degraded far more in this than men. In every story there's a "bitchy" rival woman (in some cases there are many) that is Luxia's sub foe, and is the stepping stone to taking down the ML of that world. Though the more I think about it, the less empowering this is. The fact that arguably the BIGGEST threat/villianess Su Luxia faced was one that used her body to get to that position (the gray haired girl who spawned a system in the capture-game world) and repeatedly wore and said demeaning things. Abuse, sexual assault, drugging were all used so irresponsibly for the sake of driving the plot forward and weren't handled with the care and regard they should have been. The take down sequences are repetitive, cheap, and demeaning. It's like fast food, it feels great in the moment but the aftertaste has you reeling.