Antartiquez's avatar

• Joined Nov 28, 2019
  • ?

Yuri!!! on Ice

Dec 1, 2019

I'll try not to be biased here, although I'm a fujoshi, I'm a filmmaker by heart so storytelling first before anything else.

• STORY: I'm not one that wants a "unique" storyline, instead, I analyze the execution of the story they had in mind. I think what they were trying to show is the different kinds of drive that people show towards one art (skating). There are those who once gave up and trying to come back again, one that simply wants to win, one that is doing it for another person, country, etc. They show you either the journey, the outcome, or both on most of the characters. They also divided it well that it wasn't boring to see a lot of different people with different characteristics. It was easy to follow and wasn't confusing. Though the theme, in my opinion, was already revealed from the start, the effort they put into making it beautiful and have the audience more attached to the character is simply enough for me to rate the storyline a 10.
  • ANIMATION: Beautiful. That's it. That's all you need.
  • SOUND: I honestly don't pay attention as much on the sound because I'm so used to reading subs, but sounds for me is either you did good(10) or bad(1). Sound is the most essential part of a film (not those meant to not have sounds). Though I must say, the intro song is stuck in my head. I'm not sure if the songs they used are actual songs from a different artist; if it's produced solely for this anime, the more kudos to them.
  • CHARACTERS: Like the story, I'm not one that years for "uniqueness". If they act like any other "normal" being in the world then that's honestly not a big deal. If the characters are there to drive a story and not just for filler then that's enough to rate it well. People's characteristic are complex so there is no way I think I can rate this other than if the characters have purpose to the story or not. Though it's not a complete 10 because I felt like there could have been more on Victor's character. I felt like there was something missing.

Overall, it was good and my eyes were satisfied by the visual.

9.4/10 characters