Animeicon's avatar

Animeicon

• Joined May 27, 2023

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Jul 6, 2023

As somone totally new to the cult classic eva series, this review does not in any way express or relate my viewing experience to the original series and I have watched all the 4 rebuild movies in a row so this review might not be very accurate to what this movie would do as a standalone.  I enjoyed the unique vibe this anime gave off since the very first scene. The weirdly yet cool desgins of the mechs and the angels is a treat to the eye. The characters are not a very unique bunch but a decent blend to the overall story. The main character though hated for his wimpiness is a very realistic character... See full review

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Jul 6, 2023

This was more of like a large soup mix of feelings for me. The adventure tag straight out looses its potency and dies out in the early episodes itself. The story mechanics at first seemed simple evolving into more of an interesting outlook on a large variety of possibilities. There was not a moment where it felt that there wasn't enough work put into the characters as almost each and every character regardless of how minor their role and screen time is had some or the other personality and outlook into the story which let the audience bond with the series over the time. Character developments off course... See full review

9.5/10 characters

Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku

Jul 3, 2023

Overhyped indeed. The characters are meek with nothing going for any one of them other than the protagonist having some cool edgy aura. The female lead is annoying and just serves as a stepping stone for the mc to shine. The plot is interesting in the begining when the survival chances look quite small but the story goes full plot armour mode with the characters suddenly getting op af and this kills the point of the whole story. Whats a surivival island when the survivors are quick to become hunters. The ending plot twist was the only "above average" cool thing tbh.

4.5/10 story
5.5/10 overall

Black Clover

Jun 6, 2023

Overall, story felt mid and characters were mostly dull. Plot was hype specific to certain parts and rest was empty.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

Jun 5, 2023

Overall, it did feel as a downgrade from the first season with things getting much more unrealistically out of control. The plot lost its appeal and we lost almost all of our favourite characters in one season and that was totally unecessary leading to just bucket loads of sadness that we didn't deserve. Ending was weird and felt as if a broken train had reached its destination but with all the original passengers dead :D

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Jun 5, 2023

An amazing piece of work from the gundam franchise. This is my first series that I have watched from gundam and to sum it all up, it was really enjoyable. The dystopian future space-like atmosphere along with the plot was an excellent combo giving this anime a totally unique vibe for sure. Brilliant mecha designs,fights and amazing animation to top it off. Loved the wide palette of character personalities offered and how each of them relate with each other.

8.5/10 animation

The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbye

Jun 1, 2023

The setting and the vibe of this movie was quiet interesting and unique. A nice plot with a good ending. Not much with the play on emotions rather more on the subconscious aspect. A comfy watch for a nice summer evening I'd say.

9.5/10 animation

The Anthem of the Heart

May 30, 2023

It's metaphorically beautiful along with the slight twist on an typical romantic ending which kept a certain unique glamour to the anime without loosing an ounce of its quality. Character development is amazing as we see how the charaters mature and become better throug the time. It was a really good watch and I enjoyed it until the end.

8.5/10 story

A Silent Voice

May 30, 2023

Okay so a lot of debate on it due to the adaptation skimming down on a lot of the manga but here's my viewpoint on it:      As a standalone, it performs well. Not everyone does feel the need to enjoy something fully by knowing everything. Enjoying this movie while not knowing about the manga's missed out plots is totally fine. One doesn't need to have a full understanding to enjoy something. Not saying this makes it better rather the manga does indeed perform better from an overall pov but we have to understand that one is an anime and one is manga and though both might try to convery... See full review

your name.

May 30, 2023

The unique concept along with the environement of the story had an amazing synergy. The animation was top notch and the use of small day-to-day activities to take the story forwards was brilliant. Not much from a character focused pov but it didn't lead to much of a loss in grasping the viewers attention towards it. The anime still has its own personality somewhat with the feeling of watching it being specific to it. Overall, it was a good movie which is more universal to watch I'd say.

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun

May 28, 2023

Seemed as if this season was a speed breaker to the fast pacing done in the previous season and the story didn't have a very good grasp due to all the ruckus of new concepts, characters and environment being introduced. Again the horror didn't end and thank god, it wasn't taken to a level higher than it already was. But this floor was by far the eeriest of all and I personally don't like it one bit. Overall, the hype for the the next floor is there and do want a better progress for the coming arcs.

Made in Abyss Movie: Dawn of the Deep Soul

May 28, 2023

Well......man oh man......this definetely isn't just a normal "not your cup of tea" anymore for sure. The plot moved a bit rather fast here seeing how the characters just went through the floors like it was nothing giving luck a major credit here for all the situations they didn't have to go through. Characters are still bland as before and the last few episodes just enhanced this show's not so great speciality but overall, the previous season did stand a bit higher than this.

5.5/10 characters

Made in Abyss

May 27, 2023

This was a good series. The concept and artstyle were new and the plot development was interesting to follow. Some characters were favs but overall, none yet to stand out very boldly. The criticisms are indeed high regarding the gore and brutality involved and it sure isn't everyones cup of tea but I feel that's what adds to the shows daring sense to venture into something that is seen as unorthodox. The journey surely is exciting and the sense of adventure is brimming.

8.5/10 story