AnimeJunkee's avatar

• Joined Jun 11, 2016
  • 27 / Other

25-sai no Joshikousei

Nov 29, 2019

Terrible characters, laughable plot (no, not that kind of plot), choppy animation etc. This anime is not worth anyone's time. Avoid at all cost.

Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven

Jul 5, 2019

If it was longer, had better animation and a better script, this could have been a pretty cool OVA. But it doesn't, so therefore it is bad. Oh well. The animation is horrendous - especially the CGI - and it's so short that we have zero time to get to know the characters and thus do not care when sh*t hits the fan. Cool concept but terrible execution.

Rail Wars!

Jun 18, 2019

This anime is a good example of the saying that characters make or break a story.

The premise is interesting, the animation/artwork isn't bad, it's got ecchi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and the music - at least in my opinion - did a great job at fitting the scenes. But the characters ruin everything.

All of them are one-dimensional to the point of being annoying, and you always know how they'll react in any situation because they do the same things over, and over, and over! - which makes it predictable.

It's true that the characters aren't entirely to blame for it being... See full review

Kicking Rocks

Jun 2, 2019

STORY The majority of this 5-minute short is about a young boy who is kicking a pebble while on his way home. At first it was actually kinda enjoyable, and it managed to capture what being a kid was like. And then it got...weird? He sees his mother in a moment that looks like some kind of major plot point - no spoilers... See full review

ALT: A Play

Oct 18, 2018

Nothing much to say about it, really. Just your average abstract MV with acid-trip visuals.

Personally though, I enjoy watching psychojello shit and the images blended well with the music imo.

My only gripe with it is that they sometimes repeated the same visuals. To me, doing that with an abstract MV seems lazy.

So if you like trippy shit and don't mind seeing the same visual more than once, you'll probably like it.

Angelic Layer: Be My Angel

Sep 1, 2018

Angelic Layer: Be My Angel is a PV (promotional video) that was made for the 10th anniversary of Angelic Layer. It's 4mins long and uses the song from the opening theme of the anime, Be My Angel by Atsuko Enomoto. You would think that hitting the decade milestone would resault in a well made MV that showcases and celebrates everything that Angelic Layer was. But only the second half does... The thing is, the first half of the MV is just the opening theme, which means that very little effort was put into editing. Not only... See full review