AngelBeatsYui's avatar

• Joined Feb 25, 2013

Real Girl

Jun 26, 2018

Warning this Review May Contain Spoilers -

From the studio who blessed us with titles such as Rescue Me!, comes one of the blandest romance anime out there. Featuring a generic storyline, cardboard cutout characters and the worse consistency with animation I've seen for a while (which has been a while due to the lack of me watching things lately). So it's been a while since I last wrote a review, so I'm a little rusty but here we go.

STORY
To start, the plot has a major flaw, it's boring. It follows a generic style and just drags out each scenario which causes it to be easy predicted. There's nothing that stood out as impressive and the interactions between most the characters are so boring and forced, they just feel out of place and don't add to the story.

ANIMATION
Terrible, truly terrible. I can sympathise a bit because of what appears to be a lack of budget for the project however tacky drawings that don't actually keep to the character design and stiff movement are things that can be easily improved on. The bad animation doesn't give the show anything, unlike some shows with bad animation it doesn't add to the comedy or visually appealing compared to a show like Konosuba - bad animation but linked well into the storyline.

SOUND
Average, voice acting was decent but nothing impressive and the opening/ending themes are generic and easily forgettable. Not much to say about this section, to be honest.

CHARACTERS
It looks like the story is to cater to the nerdy people watching it by having an anime nerd fall in love, a trope that has been done so many times. This show uses this trope in a plain way to the point that it doesn't add too much to the story, it does, however, give a reason for some of the stiff interactions between the characters. Just watch Wotakoi if you want a decent otaku relationship story. Individually the characters are stereotypical and bland, not much to say about them.

In conclusion, this anime sucked.
Yui x