AmyzingAmy's avatar

• Joined Sep 28, 2019
  • 19

The Villain's Savior

Feb 21, 2020

Only read like 27 chappies so far but I can say that this story is beautiful in this complex, twisted way. Y'know? I find it really disturbing and heart-wrenching but I can't seem to extricate myself from this manga.

Throughout the first few chapters, we see the hell that the villain of this novel has to go through. His name's Aseph and he's gone through a ton of crap. He had an abusive father that preyed upon his weak mother and eventually his home was set on fire. Then he proceeds to become homeless and abandons all of his dignity to survive. A noble woman finds him but then.. guess what? His life didn't finally become a lot better, turns out that woman is a complete perverted psycho that chains him up and tortures him. Shiet. What's even worse, he falls in love with the heroine but the heroine's already hooked up with this king and Aseph just completely flips.

Thank god, there's this one reader reading this whole mess. She's crying over it, like we are (well, I did it internally). We all see this one coming but tada! she ends up inside this very same novel. She's shocked, then absolutely determined to help this villain (hence this story is called "Villain's Savior"). Yippee.

Here's where things start getting kinda funky. And the thing is, this funky part is precisely the beginning of this story :(. Our MC, Zay (her nickname) ends up in the body of the heroine's twin sister. She somehow never seems to miss her previous life with her friends and family and is just completely focused on helping out the poor Aseph. She runs into him, cries, captures his attention, runs into his house to prevent him from going on a massacre (assuming he doesn't kill her too, which of course he doesn't.. plot armor) and then he falls in love with her.

As much as Zay is devoted to the pitiful Aseph, she has a seal that ties her to some random soulmate guy out there. She asked her father to investigate if Aseph had that seal but nope, he does not and thus she is devastated. She kinda does the whole pulling and pushing thing with Aseph. I love you! But my seal.. I love you! Goddamn, the seal again..

The most disturbing part to me is Aseph's mental state. The dude's.. how to say it? Crazy? He's manipulative and all those terrible events just completely blackened him. Judging by how he's acting, I'm pretty sure he'd do just about anything to make Zay his. Hells, this guy stabbed the horse they were both riding on to gain some pity points from her.

Zay just falls for everything and is pretty vulnerable to breakdowns. She's a bit of the naive character, constantly crying over the traumatized Aseph. Zay can catch him when he lies (especially when he mentions his mom) but her guard's never really up when she's with him. She knows that this guy has killed his adoptive mother (not that it's a bad thing.. hurray!) and has also killed a ton of people around the time she just arrived in that world (she prevented it by barging in and somehow surviving but still.. this guy's mentality ain't right).

Hopefully we get some character development, although this manga is keeping me on my toes I think it's a fairly enjoyable read overall.

7.5/10 characters

You must be logged in to leave comments. or