Almamatotogoo's avatar

Almamatotogoo

• Neverland
  • Joined Nov 26, 2015

I'm still reading this but in all honesty I might move this to stalled or dropped. I'm a sucker for these isekai manhwas that have been trending recently, so when I picked this up, I actually liked the premise and beginning chapters!

Like most of these reviews, you'll probably dislike the FL. Why? She comes off as naive even though she's supposed to be this all-knowing character with an advantage who knows the novel's plot. Her plan is to treat the villain with love so he doesn't actually become a villain, yet it just seems so self-serving because it awkwardly inserts she's this caring and loving mother persona out of nowhere. She is babying him and plays hide and seek and catch with him, even tho he's already at an age to do sword practice...like what??? Plus, the villain is two-faced and puts up an act in front of her, which is why it's really had to fall in love with this family since there's no communication. The irony really makes the relationship feel fake. She's supposed to act as the glue holding the family together, but the development feels off and hard to become emotionally invested in them.

If anything, I like the villain and his dad's interactions more than her! Probably the only likable characters in this series. If you're looking for a stong, brave, and competent female lead, this one ain't it.

LeiFei Mar 11, 2021

I agree with the part that the interactions between father and son are way more interesting and enjoyable.