AlexPalmer's avatar

• Joined Jan 29, 2010
  • ?

Bartender

Jun 30, 2011

I happened across this manga when I was just looking for what had an interesting title.  It's definitely not the most interesting of manga in terms of the visual; there's no action and the manga title is self-descriptive: it's about a bartender.  However, the manga is good in the aspect that really most of the chapters are stand alone chapters.  The story progresses slower than most, and it really remains to be seen if the storyline is even the author's biggest highlight.  A lot of the manga focuses on the life of bartenders: what they do, their code of conduct, and so on.  How much of it is true remains to be seen.  There's some interesting psychological interpretation in the manga which portrays a bartender as a sort of therapist or psychologist who people with troubles can come to in times of need.  There's also a lot of recipes for the drinks.  I've never tested them since I'm not of drinking age, but the entire recipe is usually spelled out when he's mixing the drinks and he always gives the name if the complete recipe isn't there.