Ahlex's avatar

• Portugal
  • Joined Feb 8, 2020

Tokyo Ghoul:re

May 23, 2020

I'd be lying if I said I completely understood what the hell I just watched...

I love the first 2 seasons of tg but this one falls short. For starters, the animation is completely different. It could be different but for better, which is not. It's not terrible, but I expected more.

You finish this season more confused then you started it. I was already planning on reading the manga, but I don't think you should have to read the manga to understand the anime. That's not how anime is supposed to work. Also, the story takes s o l o n g to develop sometimes, and in other times things happen so fast that you can't even quite picture what happened.

A lot of new characters are presented in this season, some of which had the potential for more. For some reason, I feel like you don't get attached to most of the characters? Like, you don't 'bond' with them? There are exceptions ofc, but these exceptions (at least for me) are mostly minor characters that die in the end. I wished more familiar faces were shown tho.

I enjoyed the family-like interactions between Haise and his squad, and how Haise acted like a father, it was really cute to watch.

Overall, speaking as a person who hasn't read the manga, this was not terrible but didn't live up to its predecessors.