AKAAiri's avatar

• Finland
  • Joined Dec 8, 2021

Kitchen Princess

Mar 4, 2023

The story is... fine. It's nothing too great, nothing too ground-breaking, although it handles many tropes better than I would expect from a series this average.

Art:

The art improves over the time but in the first volume the characters look somewhat jarring. The food is always good-looking, though.

I respect the character arc Akane went trough. It was wonderful to see a "mean girl" character growing out of the trope. Although (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I did not like how they handled her bulimia. Bulimia is not something you "get over" with the power of childhood memories and good food. I wish she had gotten into therapy. Well, at least they made it clear that eating disorders are not a laughing matter.

Sora and Daiki were literally just cardboard pieces. Just two tropes in the form of anime boys.

Najika isn't much better, although she is at least competent at something, which raises her above most of the shoujo protagonists.

Overall:

The recipes in the end are great, the onion soup recipe became my special recipe.

6.5/10 characters

You must be logged in to leave comments. or