AJtheSiren's avatar

• Joined Jun 29, 2020
  • 21

Flaming Hot Desire

Jun 29, 2020

If you're looking for a Mafia romance with adult themes this ain't it. It starts off okay, I've never been one for straight up rape so the first "Sex" scene is hard to get through. The characters are bland. The female protagonist is hinted at having depth but we're never told much about her besides "Heart was broken by ex boyfriend". That's basically her entire character up until maybe chapter 10 where it's hinted at that she's actually a tech wizard. The company she works at is unrealistic as hell. The men around her are one note and unrealistic as hell. I can't even remember their names and I read almost 20 chapters just last night. They constantly tease sex, but she somehow always gets out of it, and despite being so smart she is completely dumb when it comes to connecting dots that are clearly there.

Not to mention how it's constantly teased that there's some bigger reason why the Male lead is so interested in her, yet we are thrown not even bread crumbs onto why that could be. And Frankly, how sexual and egotistical and "charismatic" he is just makes him into an unrealistic douchebag. This is a whole ass man child who somehow is running a company and leading the mafia. And it's all completely successful and everyone knows who he is. Makes no god damn sense.

Go find something else to read, don't waste your time or money on this.