ACrankyOldMan's avatar

• Auckland, New Zealand
  • Joined Mar 14, 2018

Dagashi Kashi 2

Nov 25, 2018

The episodes are shorter while trying to get more out of the characters campared to last season. They've slowly been changing the formula of the show, putting less focus on the candy and more on the character development. I feel they overadjusted a little too much from last season. They try to set up skits but before you can blink it is already over and they've moved on to the next skit.

Something that I didn't quite understand with the shows new direction is that they wanted Hotaru to have a much higher sexual appeal to then take her out for most of the season.

She does get replaced by Hajima but it's kinda weird when you take the face of your show out and try to rebrand it with a new face. Hajima is cool though, I think she works quite well with the rest of the cast but it does feel like you're watching a different show with a different concept.

So I have mixed feelings about this season. I still really like the artstyle, I like Hajima, I do miss Hotaru and I'm still confused about the change in story.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or