Yamada to Sensei - Reviews

Alt title: Yamada and Her Teacher.

Yamada to Sensei
roisaru's avatar
Aug 4, 2021

This was an interesting read mainly because of how the author depicted Yamada's illness and his student's strange attachment to him despite the given circumstances. The plot in itself is captivating in a way that it explores the thrill of their student-teacher relationship and the darkness that lurks behind the human mind. The art also does not disappoint and properly expresses the rawness of Yamada's confusion and just his overall feeling of being lost. Gorgeous work but may not necessarily be a pleasant read for some, especially for those who might be easily disturbed by Yamada's complicated predicament. It's a very serious story that makes even the reader question a few things in their own lives.

8.9/10 story
8.5/10 characters
TheNuisance1's avatar
Aug 4, 2021

Right so basically this manga is a teacher-student relationship and I have to say the interactions between the two characters were pretty interesting. However I really hated the teacher character, Takahashi always get aggressive to Yamada aka the student and forced himself on top of her. Not to mention that he groped her breasts and told her to shut up whenever she said no like wtf creep!!

As he said himself, he is scum and like yeah, being a teacher is hard but cmon bro, stop making a minor live up to your own expectations! Like if I were Yamada, I wouldn’t like to be even involved with that miserable git! That’s what made me rather annoyed throughout but as I said before, their interactions was the one of the parts that interested me to read the rest of the manga and ngl, the art was really on point!