Xian Ni - Reviews

Alt title: Renegade Immortal

Xian Ni
ZhaoHao's avatar
Dec 1, 2020

One everything. This is stupid. Main-character dies for some reason, but becomes another stupid motherfucker. Bruh, if you wanted to end your story, you should've just killed the main character and stopped from there. When he become another bitch, it's like reading the story all over again. 😂🤣 You're a total joke.

MonarqueCeleste's avatar
Sep 5, 2020

What makes a great story? Powerful MC? Interesting characters? Good plot? Not necessarily. What makes a good story for me is the writing. You can have an OP mc, interesting side characters and decent plot but the execution is done poorly which downgrade the overall quality of the content. Frankly when I started reading this manhua I couldn't believe how good it was. Like the mc had the best character development I've read in a while. He had the essence of what we call a true hero. The way he fought against his own fate and started at the bottom of the bottom made his journey all the more interesting. We could see how his psyche and motivation slowly evolved and his character arc gets completed. That is for the first few dozen chapters.

After, well, you know manhua stories... it got just crazy all of a sudden and from that point forward the focus of the story completely changed. New characters, new enemies, MC getting stronger without a specific goal. We just went from a little mc trying his best to enter a sect and work his way up to someone traveling across the world and dimensions and having lived for hundreds of years.

I know the real problem with manhua. The authors don't have a clear idea of what they are doing. It's not like the westernized (Tokien or R. Martin) style story where the whole story is laid out properly and each character has a file and everything is connected and make sense as a whole. Manhua are taken from novels, usually webnovels, and those artist write on the daily. That means that they just follow whatever inspiration they have and keep writing because of the way the story is delivered. They don't take 5 years of proper research and world building, they do it on the go with whataever resources they can find. This makes for a messy story with hundreds of new characters added and also explains why you have MC starting at point A and being at point F in just 20 chapters. Author will create big event to just get the mc move places and creates new storylines while abandoning previous ones. I've never read a novel who started with a plot and ended with the same plot.

This manhua suffer from the same fate. A good start and now I don't know. I'll still continue to read but I lowered my initial score to a 2 stars now.

Amja30's avatar
Aug 24, 2023

Very interesting and captivating in the first arc. I really like that it's not all too easy for Mc (like 99% of comics). He starts out weak and failing, but he overcomes adversity with effort, intelligence and luck. It has great character development. The biggest con is that it's quite confusing with so many characters, difficult names, sects, cultivation levels, etc. which are generally poorly explained and the transitions between frames, stories and chapters/arcs are AWFUL. From the second arc it gets even more confusing. There are times when you can't understand what's going on. It's not even so much the fault of the translation this time that it's not so bad. It has its ups and downs but overall it's way better than 99% of the cultivation manhua out there.

Choclemur31915's avatar
Mar 23, 2022

Je conseil
c'est long à lire j'ai passer +10h pour 100 épisode , L'histoire en elle même ça va c'est pas exceptionel mais ça nous fait vivre une aventure dans un monde Wuxia , Si c'est la première fois que vous voulez lire un wuxia je vous déconseil fortement de le lire c'est difficile à comprendre si vous avez pas la base (mal expliqué) , sinon si vous avez du temps devant vous sauter sur l'occasion vous aller pas vous ennuyer ^^

meliodas5770's avatar
Mar 13, 2022

one of my all time best reads, ever