WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (Light Novel) - Reviews

Alt title: Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (Light Novel)

kalufunsui's avatar
Sep 7, 2017

The novel takes place in a fantasy world. The surface is now ashen and barrened by murderous "beasts" and the survived creature are exiled in a hundred of floating island high over the surface.

The MC is Willem KMETSCH a soldier gone missing in the final battle on the surface, 500 years in the past and latersalvaged and reanimated. The story is about is encounter with Kutori, a fighting fairy, and her comrades. Willem becomes their ward and entrace his fate with them.

The first three volumes are the source of the corresponding anime, but for the ending. Their are definitely intriguing and I didn't spare tears at times. The tragic love story between Willem and Kutori is really intense, bond between their announced sad fate (there are death flags everywhere) and thier will to enjoy every single moment.

After the main (great) arc it follows the fourth volume, maybe added following the success of the formers. The author dwelves in Willem past. Notwithstanding my doubts the story is sound and the atmosphere really touching.

The closure in vol 5 is quiet troublesome, too much has happened before, but somehow the author manages for it. There is also a sequel and a spin-off, but I'm not overly interested, rally stuck on the main story.

Votes are: 9 for the first three volumes, 8,5 for the fourth, 7,5 for the fifth and a sorrow 6,5 for the final closure.

Anyway I'll remember for long the love story of Willem and Kutori, a must for whoever likes this kind of stories.