What It Means to Be You - Reviews

Alt title: Dangsinui Ihaereul Dopgi Wihayeo

What It Means to Be You
omakamochi's avatar
May 5, 2021

Male lead is a flaming hot piece of ASS who emotionally abuses and neglects the female lead on a daily basis because of his own inferiority complex. Even after the body swap, he doesn't try to make a proper effort to understand her situation (and why she wants a divorce) AT ALL. Not to mention she attempted suicide two times and they were brushed off like almost nothing??? Wtf??? Bro you KNOW your wife is suicidal and you don't even bother trying to get the gist on WHY? His ignorance knows zero bounds and this is just 15 chapters in. I don't reccomend this to anybody, it'll make your blood pressure rise. If you want a good body-swap, try Your Throne, Your Name, Lady Beast (god these two are cute asf, the story picks up later on about learning to help each other with their seperate emotonal baggages and it's so much better than whatever tf this has going on)

Galla02006's avatar
Aug 21, 2021

WTF! #1 the story is so depressing to the point I'm the one crying, #2 the Ml and Fl are stupid as fxxk AND SO OBLIVIOUS TO EVERYTHING, LIKE TALK PEOPLE! #3 have I mentioned the toxic ass people around them? And more specifically the fl? Like WTF?! why am I reading this again?! (Low key feels like one of those manga's you need a transmigration into to fix all the shit going on)

orcmcgee's avatar
Mar 17, 2022

I finally made the decision to drop this series today for the safety of my sanity. This is just another one of those stories where the male lead totally neglects his wife, treating her like like trash. They try to redeem him by making it seem like it was a misunderstanding, but nothing about his character backs up the justification they're trying to make. I was begging. BEGGING! for this sorry to be different. I was naive to think that they would actually go through with the divorce. I thought that this was a story that was going to let the woman win for once. But as soon as they started throwing the pity party for the ML saying he was gonna end it after she left him, I don't know how I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. The ML is in control of every part of the FL's life and they try to push it like "aww he actually loves her and is just clingy and doesn't know how to show it" but it just comes off as extremely manipulative and irritating. DO NOT read this story if you're looking for a satisfying ending.

ItsAnneAnt's avatar
Jun 28, 2021

Spoiler- I don't understand why the ratings are so low. It was utterly beautiful though it did use the miscommunication troupe a lil too much. I felt violets feeling to a fault I cried so damn much for her. Though I understand where winter is coming from he is beggining to get better ( well not with the baby part) but in general he has character development

lavyareddy's avatar
Aug 4, 2021

from what I recall, he often dismissed all her suffering because it wasn't as bad as him,and what type of person just leaves on your wedding night and never gave enough of a shit to find out what was happening to you or listen to desperate pleas for help for years and neglected you to the point you even commit suicide and he doesn't know!, the entire series I was just wishing she would leave him, and then that asshole asks why do you want to divorce me, why, why you little f**k. Shitface.The plot is interesting but ml is just a piece of shit.