Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari (Light Novel) - Reviews

Alt title: The Story of Unforgettable Witch (Light Novel)

Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari (Light Novel)
ShinyEevee133's avatar
Oct 22, 2022

What happens when you mix Rascal Doesn't Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai with the absolute insanity of the first volume of the Empty Box and Zeroth Maria and sprinkle in some shojo ai? You get the amazing ride that is Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari.

Since there is no current synopsis, I shall do my best Without going too much into detail.

The story follows Aizawa Ayaka, a genius high school student who has mastered multiple skills due to her misfortune of living through roughly 5 similar versions of the same day without forgetting all but one as all the others do. After being cast aside by her parents and being tired of keeping up her appearance everyday only to find her efforts in vain 4 out of 5 times, this mentally 75 year old 15 year old finds herself transferring to high school only to expect the same mundane experience as middle school. However, by a twist of fate she encounters Inaba Michiru on her first day of a new semester for all 5 of her repetitions of said day. As their friendship slowly blossoms, Ayakas loneliness gradually starts fading as she comes to realize what motivates her to keep going.

I had an absolute blast experiencing the pains and joys with the main character as she finds meaning in her interminable journey to find happiness and as she attempts to find solutions after merciless and never ending time loops. The story can get a little confusing at times but that’s all part of the madness. If you are looking for some solid dialogue and very realistic emotions I sincerely recommend The Story of an Unforgettable Witch.