Warehouse - Reviews

Warehouse
SweetBunBuns's avatar
Apr 2, 2020

I wanna talk about a new manhwa I just finished reading. (Originally a webcomic) It's called "Warehouse" The plot is that a guy named Dohyun, 28 lives a normal, boring life where it seems he can't find happiness. He has little money and nothing going for him. Things only seem to get worse when he is kidnapped by a guy named Jungho, 28, who seems to hold a grudge from middle school of which Dohyun can't remember. He is taken to the old warehouse that is filled with memories from his past. In an act to get revenge, Jungho takes advantage of Dohyun and keeps him there for what seems like forever. But what I mean by taken advantage is RAPE Turns out, in the past, Dohyun had taken advantage of Jungho when they were just kids and tormented him until he went completely insane and dropped out of school. After about a month of this torture, Dohyun loses his mind as well and asks Dohyun to kill him. Jungho is mortified and, before he makes his decision, the warehouse gets invaded. Dohyun passes out and Jungho almost kills the two who invaded the area. Jungho takes him to his actual house and, when Dohyun wakes up, he is just an empty husk. He doesn't feel anything and doesn't wish to do anything anymore. Jungho breaks down and, they're both so lost and completely losing their minds, they end up falling in love with each other after their old memories fill their brain. It ends with Dohyun and Jungho recovering, they end up living together, and Dohyun gets a different job. The last scene is of them sleeping in a bed together, which is actually quite wholesome. So, overall, this was one of the most mixed series I've ever read. I don't really enjoy the rape scenes, but they're supposed to make you feel uncomfortable. But I wish there weren't so many. As for the characters, they didn't have many redeeming qualities. Dohyun is a self-entitled jerk who insults and hates almost everyone in his life. Jungho is a sexually charged, manipulative, crazy, a disgusting freak who only uses Dohyun to satisfy his lust and get revenge on him because of the past, even though it had happened more than 10 years ago. There were practically no minor characters besides a few that we see in the flashbacks. The art was incredibly good. The subtly in the expressions and even minor details like small spikes of hair and hollow backgrounds made it really nice to look at. The sex scenes, while not exactly enjoyable, were also well-drawn. There were even little hand gestures or positions the characters were in that really mixed well with the writing! My favorite part about the entire thing, however, would have to be the flashbacks or scenes from the past. They added up to the abuse that was happening in the present. They were quite wholesome and never went too far. Without telling the reader, they subtly show that these two characters had a sexual relationship when they were younger. It gives off a dark, yet also young and care-free vibe the whole way through them. My favorite chapters are the ones completely dedicated to them. The characters, Dohyun and Jungho, were actually much more reasonable and likable as kids (middle school). Their actions felt real and we get to see each of their sides. Both are confused and don't know how to handle the relationship, leading to misfortune and misunderstanding. My least favorite part would have to be the story in general. The plot sometimes strays away from itself, there are missing key points and sometimes points that are thrown in randomly. The ending isn't very good and doesn't make much sense. I actually had to re-read it a few times to understand what happened. It felt rushed like they wanted it to be over already. It also didn't make much sense how they fell in love again. Sure, they had a nice relationship as kids and they tried to figure it out as adults, but, before this, Dohyun absolutely hated him. He raped, sexually abused, physically abused, tied him, beat him, strangled him, almost starved him, and completely changed his state of mind, and yet they forgot about all of it within a few days and hooked up. I didn't like that and really took me out of it. I also don't understand Junghos' job. It's never described and always interrupts important plot-points in the story to be like "HEY YOUR JOB EXISTS! GET HERE NOW!" and he leaves. It leaves a sense of mystery, but not a good one. We also don't know who the hell the other two characters who invaded the warehouse are. They just appear so that the two main characters can switch to a new environment. I really hate their random, unexplained appearance. They say it's because Jungoho "stole their money". WHEN? They never explain it and it makes me frustrated. Also, just the fact the whole plot is based off Dohyun getting taken to a warehouse, Jungho tries to get him to remember the past, he doesn't, Jungho rapes him, he hates it, Dohyun gets tied up while Jungho leaves, he comes back, he tries to get Dohyun to remember, he tries to, only remembers a little but not enough, Jungho rapes him, he hates it, etc.. etc.. It gets old after a while and I don't even find it sexy or even feel a connection between the two. Overall, the story is pretty messy. So, in conclusion, I'd give the art a 10/10, the story 3/10, the characters 5/10, the side story/mystery 10/10, the writing 5/10, and the complete Manhwa BL "Warehouse" a 5.5/10. Pretty mediocre and wasn't exactly worth 67 chapters I wouldn't recommend it.

5.5/10 overall
ACatThatMeows's avatar
Jun 6, 2021

I thought The Warehouse was going to be another repeat of Killing Stalking, or Obey Me, but it wasn't. It was a pleasant surprise that kept my interest so much so, I couldn't put it down. I binged it in two days, and was not disappointed. I was surprised that the plot was very prominent, and that it was the main focus. The characters were really thought out, and they never broke character. One of the characters was slightly crazy, so it was fun trying to guess how he'd react to certain situations. I would say this is more of a physiological thriller than a yaoi, based solely on what the main focus was. It is kind of disturbing, and had a lot of dark themes, and I love how much it was incorporated into the story.

9.5/10 art
Nateir's avatar
Jul 24, 2017

This has a slight similarity to killing stalking.  I love it so far , it kinda has you at a cliffhanger sometimes and if you're contemplating whether you should read this or not , you really should.

kji94's avatar
Oct 19, 2020

Warehouse is really interesting although it's disturbing. Now that I've read all of it, including [spoiler/TWs] the scenes of abuse, violence and trauma that both Sungho and Dohyun protagonize, this stories seems so cofusing and complex, it's an emotional roller coaster.

The characters have deep personalities and there's always so many things going on with them, but you get to discover the details step by step and it makes you change your opinion multiple times. Warehouse can be somehow delicate when it comes to the emotional perspective of the characters and the early conturbed relationship of Sungho and Dohyun; they're unique and so is their history together, everything (and even themselves) leads to them together again, it's incredible and scary to read.

This is such a psychological horror manhwa~

(english is not my first language so sorry for any errors)

maybebuttercup's avatar
Apr 14, 2021

Tbh I really liked this webtoon. I'm weird so yeah I like it. There weren't anything particular that was left out as I read this so the storyline flowed well. The main leads are both weird lowkey they're messed up. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this webtoon and the ending was better than expected :3