Villains Are Destined to Die - Reviews

Alt title: Agyeogui Ending-eun Jugeumppun

Villains Are Destined to Die
cloudcake's avatar
Jun 15, 2020

Out of all the isekai or reincarnation manhwa/webtoons I have read so far, this one is pretty unique. The whole game like feature in the beginning was pretty cool. I'm glad that the author doesn't just skip over how she came into the game world like a lot of others do. Lot of other webtoons just  half-ass the past, but here her past background story is incorporated into her new life.

It's pretty interesting so far. I can't judge the storyline completely because the translations are just getting into the main plot.

I totally recommend this especially if you are into this genre. The art style is gorgeous. I am a sucker for pretty characters. Just don't be quick to judge since it gets better the more you read it. Hopefully my opinion doesn't change cuz that would be quite disappointing.

YukinaZero's avatar
Aug 5, 2020

It's very hard to find such a well though out story in a genre that is drowning in cliches. This story could have very easily gone the topical spiteful vengful Villainess route and made everyone the bad guy for the sake of the main character. Instead they went the extra mile and tried to make all the characters as 3D and realistic as possible. There interactions are always interesting to watch and there's a scence of morbid fascination that comes with the reading the story.

The plot isn't exactly the most original but it honestly doesn't have to be. The author more then makes up for this with other aspects of originality in different categories. Like how the main character's life is ruled by a gaming system and while the plot isn't new I still found it very engaging.

The reason I favor the art in plain and simple. It's the nails. Nail polish has always been my kryptonite and damn if this girls nails don't make me feel weak. It's the little things like this and the cleaver personality of the main character that make me sit up and notice.

Alternate name: Death Is the Only Ending for the Villainess

Elmira's avatar
Dec 6, 2020

When I first heard of this story I kind of rolled my eyes and went my merry way. It wasn't until the millionth ad that got me to finally pick it up. Really glad I did. I just finished season 1 (can't wait for season 2!)

I don't usually read these kinds of web novels or webtoons, whatever you call them, but I am really glad I did! The story is... an emotional rollercoaster in the best way possible. It hits you in the feels at the perfect time. I really did cry throughout the story, but the ending of S1 really got me. Now to break down the rating.

STORY: 10/10

The story was well thought out and told. The author really makes you connect with the FL (female lead). She is a thinker, which I feel like most characters in webnovels aren't, and she actually holds herself up very well.

ART: 10/10

The coloring is... perfect! I was amazed by the art.

CHARACTERS: 10/10

A lot of the time these stories don't really hash out the characters all too much and the authors make it seem like these guys are supposed to be perfect and you are supposed to love them at first glance.

No, this author made damn sure you hated them in the beginning or loved them (when it made sense). She/he made sure you felt what the FL felt and I cannot express how much of a relief it is.

OVERALL: 10/10

If I could give it more I sure would. It has been a long time since I connected and truly loved a webtoon or manga. I cannot wait to read more!

P.S.: I will do an edit once I have finished each season if there are more than 2!

Lindsay177's avatar
Nov 14, 2020

I am in love this manga. The characters are truly inspired; distinct personalities, clear motivations, great development and understanding of them grows throughout the story as if you yourself were becoming aquainted with them. The female lead it strong, relatable, and engaging. She is not set up as the epitome of all things good or wise and her hardships are not trivial but character defining and give us greater insight into who she is ans who she will become. The story is plot driven with a complex but followable narative that is structured in a way that makes you feel like you have followed Penelope into this world. Overall this read is captivating, gratyfying and empathetic with a protagonist you will be thrilled to follow.

9.5/10 art
Kriptionite's avatar
Oct 20, 2020

This is one of, if not, the BEST female MC isekai manhwa. Read it, you have to...

A girl gets transferred to this world where she is the villainess, cool. This theme isn't that unique, but the way they do it in this story is amazing. Unlike most stories, this story in set in a game rather than a novel. This allows her to see "likability meters" (these percentages that tells her if a certain character likes her or hates her). This is a lot more mature than all the other female MC isekai manhwa you'd see.

The art is BEAUTIFUL. Nothing else to say.

The characters are cliche, because you know, they're in a video game. Of course what's amazing is that the main character isn't you typical "cutesy quirky" girl. Her backstory is quite tragic, you can read more on it yourself. She's also cunning, just a great character overall!

Bro just read this okay, you won't regret it. Just READ IT OKAYYAYAYYAYAY