Villainesses Have More Fun - Reviews

Alt titles: Angnyeoneun Oneuldo Jeulgeopda, Another Happy Day for the Villainess

Villainesses Have More Fun
Cimon's avatar
Oct 17, 2021

It's a beautiful looking manhwa but in my opinion that's all there is to it. It's filled to the brim with cliches and so far the villainess doesn't really have any real goals besides just living her life the way she wants without getting caught up in the prince's stupid romance.

The main character is likeable though, smart, pretty, fun, has good morals. She's not super evil but she'll put the antagonist in her place whenever she can

SPOILERS

I've read that the ML is Xavi who is basically a CHILD? Is he supposed to grow up or something? She treats him like he's four years old and like he's a little dress up doll! You know how mothers constantly put their toddlers into different cute outfits and dote on them and get down on their knees to talk to them at their level when they're sad and shit? Yea that's how she treats the ML. Imagine being a mother to your man before being his girlfriend? The fuck.

So that's weird as hell and also the worst match up.

The story is also quite boring. Obviously she reincarnates into a novel and then she breaks her engagement with the prince who was already cheating on her with the original FL, and shocker!! The original FL is a total bitch and constantly tries to rile up the main character but her attempts are foiled each time so far.

This is a good read if you're like 9-16 years old though or you don't really care about good plots and characters and you just want to be entertained or you just need something to read to pass the time. It's a pretty average story and I'm just picky af so I would recommend trying out the first 3 or 5 chapters and seeing how you feel after that.

YukinaZero's avatar
Oct 12, 2021

I have a 'Eat The Rich' T-shirt and I'm not ashamed to talk about it! Lol, but seriously though this manga is probably the definition of trying so hard you actually fail. I don't know if it pissed anyone else off but I couldn't get into the whole money and privilege thing.

I understand that this story is just pure wish fullment but the author should try to understand what peoples wishes actually are. Is it to one day become the rich inhumane assholes we see and resent on TV as we trample on other people with our status? Well that's all I saw in this story. I didn't find it clever, I didn't find it appealing and I certainly didn't get any satisfaction out of it. 😕

Akarik's avatar
Aug 31, 2021

This manwha isn't bad, it's just mediocre so far in the 11 chapters I've read.

The art is nice, male leads are pretty, the OG female lead is annoying.... all the cliches you would expect in a story of this genre-which isn't the issue here since cliches are popular for a reason-people like them.

However, there's been no semblance of a plot so far. The female lead doesn't aim to take over a kingdom, doesn't aim to survive, doesn't aim to become a mage or respected knight like in other stories of this genre. She is born rich, respected, beautiful and while this makes for a good wish fulfilment slice of life manwha, it leaves the character sorely lacking in any character development.

Maybe read this manwha if you're waiting for better manwha to update like 'Villains are Destined to Die' or 'The Remarried Empress'.

machiabeeli's avatar
Aug 27, 2021

A refreshing, wonderful villainess who's neither too evil nor too kind. Snappy, dazzling, and realistic, The Villainess Is Happy Today gives us a heroine that decides to embrace her biggest assetS - her riches and power - to push back against the heroine who is being built up to be the true villainess.

She wields her power in a way that would normally be condemned in a standard shoujo manga since it doesn't show humility. This FL doesn't care about that - she believes that success lies in moving money and people in the right way. I love it. She isn't a master schemer like some of our beloved FLs; rather, her cunning comes from her real-life experiences prior to being reincarnated into the manhwa. I say it's realistic because if any of us were to be put in a situation like hers, we would probably act more like how we acted here.

One of my biggest pet peeves is having a wide cast of cool characters that are completely overshadowed by the FL and Her Story. Their skills and interests don't seem to exist outside of her asking them to use it for her own purposes or to further the plot along. Sometimes, they don't even seem to know of each other except for a panel or a chapter, which is unrealistic since most of them are nobility.

I'm glad that this manhwa didn't treat their characters like dirt. They don't fade into the background when she is no longer there. All of them still exist as entities with interests and skill sets that have the power to influence the world and each other. The cast and supporting characters are drawn beautifully and have personalities that remain interesting outside of the FL.

Should you read this? Definitely! I only just started with this however, it seems like it's very promising and could definitely go somewhere good.

Reviewed at Chapter 14.

8.5/10 story
ladidie's avatar
Aug 31, 2021

This is sucha fun read! It's a very easy and cool manhwa, featuring a reincarnated Villainess who once had their heart broken and knew they were not destined to love anymore (she was very cool in her past life!). It's a basic isekai manhwa, but knowing how this Villainess knows how to have fun makes it SPECIAL! There isn't any talks about politics yet, and I am waiting for her to break the engagement with the Crown Prince, but before that have him fall in love and BREAK HIS HEART! It is a easy and quick read so far, just spending tons of money is nothing compared to before!