Under the Oak Tree - Reviews

Alt title: Sangsurinamu Arae

Under the Oak Tree
ErzaInuHyuga's avatar
Mar 16, 2021

I LOVE this. This manga is everything. Is a historical romance, with actual love. The main leads are loveable with a great sexual chemistry for the steamy scenes. The supporting character are also indivual and fleshed out without being stereotypical!!!

I mainly love that our heroine developed during this and learns to be the character we all want to be, gaining confidence and understanding her own worth and that makes this manga so worth reading.

9.5/10 story
RememberUS's avatar
Aug 19, 2021

NO SPOILERS - Honestly, I wasn't really sure what to expect from this manga, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I was particularly interested in the resemblance to the "Light and Shadow" manga. The two stories are so similar that if you liked one of them, surely you should read the other. Even the main characters are almost identical. What makes this manga different from "Light and Shadow" is the fantasy side of the story. You'll find some magic spells and monsters like werewolves or dragons in "Under the oak tree" story plot. I really liked this manga and I fell in love with it very quickly, I read it in a few hours. It should be added, however, that I am writing this review at the end of season 1 and I expect to come at least season 2 too, so what happens next I have no idea and my comments do not apply to this part of the story. However, this manga is beautifully drawn and has become my favourite within the first few chapters. I strongly recommend it to all fantasy shounen fans.

biasoull's avatar
Mar 21, 2022

I started reading this pretty excited since the art is amazing and Maxi the MC is adorable, beautifull and she has a disability smth thats highly unusual in novels so I was very much looking foward to see her grow but unfortunately the ML just sucks. He's hot as hell but thats pretty much all he has going on for him 🙄 communication apparently aint a thing on this guys book so much he pretty much raped Maxi at the very first chapters and those who say otherwise are either teenargers, men, or just f*king blind :))

That alone lowered my score and should explain why I dropped it. Recently I went back to read it and see if anything changed cause yes I like to get brain damage from seeing shit I detest aaaaand surprise surprise its at chapter 42 and ML still behaves like a cavetroll towards a mentaly and physicaly abused young girl and still treats maxi as a damn meat back for him to stick his big d*k in under the excuse he just "can't control himself" 'cause "he loves her too much" (not that ever told her that btw) so whenever I see someome calling this shitbag a "himbo who's hopelessly in love with his wife" I get the urge shove my head into a blender

Maxi's growth is going great specially during the time ML goes off to fight wars and whatever else men like doing and I sincereally hope he never comes back ❤❤

MinRei's avatar
Aug 31, 2020

4 chapters in and things are quite heavy. The fl is abused. ml was once a commoner so his manner of speaking is not at all delicate. There were some pages where I got scared of the ml, well he comes off as a brute after all, returning as a hero and what not.

So yeah, don't expect scheming main characters that brings chaos to those who oppose them. Imperfect characters that hopefully will grow as they face their weaknesses.

8.5/10 art
RayyaRin's avatar
Jan 7, 2021

Right now the story isn't that bad except that she's been abused so she's really insecure about every single thing. The only real good thing about this story is the guy is really attracted to her from the start and he is trying to make sure she knows that.