Umareru Seibetsu wo Machigaeta! - Reviews

Umareru Seibetsu wo Machigaeta!
granolacomqueijo's avatar
Mar 18, 2021

Amazing information delivered in a very fun way and very well explained. The art is beautiful and the fact that it was told by a trans woman herself makes so that the representation is very good. A good read for when you want to learn something but not be tired by huge texts. Also very good to inform people that have a prejudice against it, it's very emphasizing and really changes your perspective on it.

I didn't know how to rate the story since it's a biography, so I took it as "story delivery".

Curiousmadra's avatar
Mar 20, 2021

It's good to finally see a manga taking on what it's like for a person to go through gender assignment surgery and talk about the experience during the process, I found the whole thing educational and it has given me a few chuckles out of reading this manga from the actual authors perceptive to say the least. I feel that the author had such a bubbly personality that you honestly wish you could be their friend because the positivity I've obtained in this manga, really does make you feel good! Although the only criticisms I have is that it can be over the top and the art was a bit off at times.

So if you need a feel good manga with a sprinkle of education of how gender assignment surgery works, this one's for y'all! I've yet to see manga like this so it's good to know this manga is out there!

7.8/10 overall
moochz's avatar
Jul 10, 2021

I honestly don't know why the score is so low, it's not like you can nitpick the characters or the story. Maybe its just a bunch of transphobes- if you don't want to learn about trans people, just don't read it, why feel the need to rate it low?

It's an autobiographical experiance of a woman undergoing bottom surgery. It was actually very informative and walked through the procedures before, during, and after the surgery.